OptiMate 6 Lithium 5 Amp 12V Battery Charger / Optimiser
£98.33 £98.33 excluding VAT
£117.99 £117.99 including VAT
ID: 19892OptiMate 6 Lithium Motorcycle Battery Charger
Free UK Deliveryon orders over £90
FINANCE AVAILABLEon UK orders over £500
OptiMate 6 Lithium 5 Amp 12V Battery Charger / Optimiser
The OptiMate Lithium will protect your investment and guarantee your Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4 / LFP) battery will perform as advertised for a very long time. With 5 Amps of charge current available, OptiMate Lithium’s unique multi step Ampmatic program recharges and balances cells within the battery quickly and efficiently. OptiMate Lithium’s maintenance program delivers current to the vehicle circuitry, protecting and keeping the battery at 100% charge.
OptiMate Lithium – Battery Performance Guaranteed!
As soon as it’s connected, the Ampmatic microprocessor automatically diagnoses your battery’s condition and sets the optimal charge current and program. This enhanced version of the acclaimed OptiMate multi-stage desulphation program will even automatically give many deep-discharged and otherwise “dead” batteries a new lease of life. When the charge is complete the eco power-saving mode ensures ultra low power consumption while keeping your battery optimally charged, cool and safe, month after month, prolonging its life by up to 400%!
How it works
1. Pre-qualification test: OptiMate Lithium displays the condition of the battery before charging and measures environment temperature. The ampmatic charge program is selected according to temperature and battery condition.
2. Low Volts recovery: The safeTº protection mode controls charging during this sensitive battery SAVE stage, to ensure that an over discharged battery will be correctly and safely recovered. Tests are conducted through-out the SAVE program to determine if the battery has successfully recovered and can advance to BULK CHARGE.
3. Bulk charge: the ampmatic processor actively adjusts charge current to match battery capacity and condition, achieving a complete charge in the shortest time. Progress is tracked against the ideal charge curve for LiFePO4 batteries.
4. Short-circuited / dead cell check: Charge progress is tracked against the ideal LiFePO4 charge curve, internal damage will be detected and unnecessary charging is prevented of a battery that cannot be recovered.
5. Absorption and equalisation: for 10 minutes the current is delivered in pulses with voltage controlled between 14.0 and 14.3V, aiding cell voltage equalisation and improving the battery's overall power delivery.
6. Charge verification: the voltage is limited at 13.6V while the ampmatic processor monitors the current absorbed by the battery. If this reveals a less than optimal charge the program reverts to absorption for a further 10 minutes.
7. Voltage retention test: is conducted for 30 minutes during which no charge current is delivered, with 5 possible test results indicating the battery's general state of health. A green (voltage > 12.7V) result extends the test up to 12 hours, to check for excessive self discharge or higher than expected power loss through the vehicle’s electrical system.
8. Charge maintenance: The 12 hour MAINTENANCE CHARGE CYCLE consists of 30 minute float charge periods at a voltage of 13.6V followed by and alternating with a 30 minute ‘rest’ (no charge current) periods. During the float charge period current is delivered only if the battery has lost charge due to connected vehicle circuitry. A refresh cycle may be performed if the charge level has dropped significantly. The voltage retention test and maintenance charge cycle will repeat 24 hours after the start of the very first test and continue to repeat for as long as the charger remains connected. The alternating charge and ‘rest’ maintenance program protects the battery against over discharge by connected vehicle circuitry, making it ideal for indefinite and 100% safe long term maintenance charging.
- Recommended for: LiFePO4 / LFP batteries up to 100Ah
- Programme control: ampmaticTM microprocessor
- Input current max: 0.55A @ 230V
- Typical annual energy cost: Less than £1.00 per year (continuous maintenance)
- Reverse drain current: Less than 0.001A
- Output current (bulk charge): 0.4A – 5.0A
- Charge time limit: 24 hours (maintenance time: unlimited)
- Maintain / test cycles: 30 min/30 min (alternating hourly)
- Charge retention test: 5 possible results from ‘good’ to ‘bad’
- Size: 199 x 71 x 61mm
- Weight: 1400g
- Enclosure classification: IP54
- Mounting: Easy direct wall mounting
- Input cable length: 2m
- Output cable length: 2m
- Included Accessories: O1 Weatherproof Eyelet Lead; O4 Clamp Lead for bench charging
- Operation temperature range: -40°C / +50°C
- Warranty: 3 years
- Certification (230V model): TUV/GS conformity
The SAFE & unique multistage battery optimiser specially designed for 12V LiFePO4 / LFP batteries up to 100 Amp-hours capacity.
OptiMate Lithium is totally safe for months-long connection and maintenance of irregularly or seasonally used batteries even while still connected to the vehicle. The sophisticated charging algorithm ensures no risk of over-charging.
Delivered with two interchangeable SAE connection sets, one with clamps for bench charging, the other with in-line protection fuse and eyelet terminals for permanent connection to the vehicle’s battery to allow easy reconnection of charger when necessary.
Optional accessories include additional fused permanent connection leads (O1); cigarette lighter plug lead (O2) to charge via the cigarette lighter or DIN socket (as found on some BMW, Honda& Triumph touring motorcycles); 1.8m and 4.6m extension leads, weatherproof sockets to provide a convenient 12V supply for sat-nav, MP3 player, mobile phone charger, PDA etc. and much more.
CE Certification; 3-year warranty.